Neuro oncology deals with cancers of the brain and spinal cord. Cancers of the nervous system are often severe conditions which will eventually become life threatening. Some examples of neurological cancers are astrocytomas, glioblastoma multiforme, glioma, pontine glioma, ependymoma and brain stem tumors of the malignant brain cancers, high-grade astrocytoma and gliomas of the brain stem tumors are examples of the most severe diseases. Patients will not usually survive more than few months without treatment, but if chemotherapy and radiotherapy is done then survival can be extended to a couple of years in some patients.
- Track 1-1 Spinal cord metastasis
- Track 2-2 Brain stem gliomas
- Track 3-3 Brain tumor
- Track 4-4 Pituitary region tumors
- Track 5-5 Primary central nervous system lymphoma
- Track 6-6 Primary spinal cord tumors